Saturday, March 7, 2009

"All hail the bung king!"


Yeah, yeah...my apologies on the slow update. Kristen has me busier than Uncle Jesse with an Olsen twin these days. Needless to say, my own life is now a combination of Home Improvement and Flip This House. Oh no, did I just reference an HGTV show on my own?...

Anyway...it recently dawned on me that March is the last month before Price enters the world. As exciting as that is, there's also pure terror running through my stubby typing fingers! In only six weeks my wife will use the dirtiest word on me...responsibility. That is about as scary as Bee93.Suttles repeat-playing Joey Amos' favorite band.

With the drastic changes coming to the Miller household, I was recently presented with only one logical decision: GUYS WEEKEND. Therefore, last Friday I made my way to the frozen tundra to hang with an old buddy, David Suttles. Isn't it ironic that Mr. Suttles also wears his jeans so tight he can't get his cell phone out when it rings? I think he might have an honorary place with the TJA...

Speaking of the TJA, here's a little shout out to the 4 new members who've joined the most elite denim fraternity in the ultraverse. At the pace we're growing, my screen-printer is going to run out of ink....well, okay, so we're only at seven. Kelli, can you please hit the recruiting trail for some 5-Star followers? Maybe even this guy?

While in Wisconsin, I learned much about myself. First, I realized that I'm approaching 30 years old. I say this because no longer do I compare how many beers I can drink, but rather the size of my wife's pregnant belly to other friends' wives. Second, I found I still love beer...however, it no longer respects me back. After stumbling through two breweries, scaring opposing coaches at a hockey game, and hosting my own bachelor party all over, I was paid back with a nice nap on the floor. Oh, I miss the old days where my body didn't insist on taking a 1 day recovery OSHA break.

Speaking to that last point, is it strange that as I held up a wooden keg plug like Big Ern McCracken, a group of crazy Wisconsinites would scream, "All hail the bung king!" I feel my wife's eyes burning into me now!

But enough about me. As of tonight, Kristen is 34.5 weeks pregnant. And before you ask, yes, she's adorable. My little sugar-momma and her soccer ball tummy are as spectacular as the finale of Space Camp...and don't lie, you know you still love that movie. Unfortunately, Price is still finding himself in the breech position. For those not familiar, my little stud isn't quite ready to flip upside down for the final countdown.

While we hope that he turns around on his own shortly, Kristen and I are taking a proactive approach to the situation. Not only are we grounding him, but he's not going to the Middle School Dance either. Sorry Price, you will not get to hear Sam Bigsby unleash "Lean On Me" to the crowd.

On top of those measures, Kristen and I have also begun singing him motivation on a nightly basis. While some books suggest nursery rhymes and soft ballads, we've resorted to Bonnie Taylor and Total Eclipse of the Heart....it only seems appropriate...."turn around." Keep your fingers crossed for us.

So that's it for now, but we'll keep you posted here in the next few days. Until then, stay classy San Diego.
Yours truly,
The Bung King and the Seven Brewing Dwarfs.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't Sam Bigsby end all of the dances with some song about friends?? I remember everyone having to hold hands in a circle:)I love your blog-and your apparent youtube obsession.

    ReplyDelete